Hello everyone! It’s been a while. Well, excuses later. Today I want to share how to make pom pom animal monster keychains. They are so cute! Perfect to add some cutesy feel on your backpack, handbag, purse, key, or anything in between.
I have been into pom pom crafts lately. There are 6 pom pom animals in total, that I’ve made, including these two. They are so easy to make, yet so so cute! That’s why I’ve been crazy making them.
I hope you guys love them too. So let’s start crafting!
✦ Yarn (any color)
✦ Felt (any color you want for the face)
✦ Jump ring
✦ Glue gun
✦ Needle and threads
✦ Your hand
1. Wrap the yarn around your hand for at least 70 times.
2. Take it ou of your hand.
3. Then cut a strand of the same yarn, and use it to tie that spool of yarn we’ve made. Tie it twice tightly.
4. Cut all the loops.
5. Then flatten it out, and trim around.
6. After every trimming, give it a shake so it’s fluffier.
Do step 5-6 continuously until it looks like a fur ball or until your desired shape. The secret to have a nice pom pom is to give it a nice trimming. So even though it’s easy, you have to be patient for the best pom pom.
7. Next, prepare the face and ears. I made it from felt. Just draw the shape of the eyes, cheek, blushes, and ears on the felt and cut them out.
8. For the mouth, we’re going to stitch it on the cheek. Sew it by hand with back stitch.
9. Then glue the face to the pom pom.
10. For the ears, put a little bit of glue on the tip, and then fold it a little. This will make the ears have more texture.
11. And then glue the ears to the side of the pom pom head.
Done for the animal!
Add a keychain to hang it anywhere you want and showcase them.
Kyaaaa isn’t it cute? (>.<)
I made another animal monster. I thought I want to make a bunny, but it ended up to looks like a puppy too. So I don’t know if it’s a bunny or puppy. Maybe both. Yeah monster hahaha. What do you think? Let me know in the comment section below.
As you can see, I add a bow to the pom pom. I have a tutorial to make a bow like that. If you want to know, check it out here.
Aaaa I love them!!
Also check my video tutorial for a clearer tutorial. Because, something it just hard to explain on photos and writing.
Oh yeah for the excuses.. I have another priority beside my blog/Youtube. So it’s hard for me to manage the time to do it all. Especially, I still consider my blog/Youtube my hobbies. I don’t want to feel pressured by my hobbies. Because if I do, I can lose my motivation and the fun energy that I have when I do these hobbies. Plus, my well being is in the topmost priority in the list. So I want to diminish stress as many as possible. I want to relax more than before. That’s why I enter the slack again and not posting that often. But I will keep doing my best to keep my hobbies alive. Because I love them!
That’s all for today! If you like this post, please share it to your friends! It will be so appreciated!
Thank you for your amazing time!
I hope you have an incredible day!
Peace, love, courage,